Effective as of June 6, 2008.
Dear Bold Girlz Parent,
The Internet provides Bold Girlz an opportunity to reach tween girls in new and exciting ways with information about our clothes, sweepstakes, surveys, email and other forms of interactivity. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age; and that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of our Web sites. Also, when we use the term "parent" below, we mean to include legal guardians.
1. Online Collection and Use of a Child's Information by Bold Girlz.
We may collect a child's personally identifiable information (including first name, last name, birth date, and e-mail address) for such activities as emails, surveys, games, requests for suggestions, or regarding products or services, or requests for additional information that may assist us in offering the best service. In these instances we will initially collect only the child's name and online contact information and the e-mail address of the child's parent.
2. Disclosure of Children's Personal Information with Third Parties.
- Bold Girlz, like all website operators, is prohibited by law from conditioning a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity.
- We may collect a child's name and e-mail address to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security of this web site, to protect against liability or as required or permitted by law. Information collected for these reasons will not be used for any other purpose.
3. Parental Consent to Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information.
- Bold Girlz does not share a child's personally identifiable information with third parties unless the disclosure is reasonable necessary to comply with law, web site or sweepstake rules, or to protect the security of our web site.
- Bold Girlz may share information with contracted companies, but only if necessary to allow them to help us process and fulfill orders or requests, website services, or provide other similar services to Bold Girlz. All contracted companies are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of all customer information.
4. Parental Review and Making Changes to Personally Identifiable Information Collected From Children Under 13.
Parents of children under age 13 may revoke consent for Bold Girlz to contact your child at any time. These contacts may include marketing offers, surveys, games, requests for suggestions or regarding product or service information, and requests for additional information that may assist us in offering the best service. There are several methods by which you can exercise your opt-out choices:
Your five opt-out choices are:
(i.) Registering for a Bold Girlz account (at the same time you give your consent to allow Bold Girlz to contact your child) and logging into your 'My Account' page;
(iii.) sending a written request via postal mail to: Bold Girlz 369 E. 17th St. Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(iv.) or telephone 1-866-496-4132 and press the appropriate option to speak to Customer Service.
(v.) Finally, you may unsubscribe from certain e-mail communications by clicking on unsubscribe links in those emails. Please note, if you revoke your consent, we may have to limit their participation in our activities.
In addition, upon proper identification, parents or legal guardians may review the personal information we have collected about their child, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of the information.
Customers may also contact 1-866-496-4132 and press the appropriate option key to speak to Customer Service.